20 Must-Read Books By Female Authors

Happy Read Across America Day and Happy Friday!

I’m in a productive space in my life right now and I owe 60% of it all to books. The other 40% is split between all of the podcasts I listen to on the way to work and my fiance. Growing up, reading was always a big deal because “it made you smart”. My parents, teachers and even my friends constantly said this. I was basically brainwashed to believe books made you smarter whether it was true or not. I also wasn’t like regular kids.  Heck, I’m not like regular people! I didn’t want to be the cool girl or the popular girl. I wanted to be smart!  So, I read and completed all of my extra homework in my practice books for fun at home. Yes, for fun. I actually enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed playing with dolls and riding my bike. As I got older, those healthy habits grew and thank goodness they did.

To me reading is an experience. When I read I feel like the entire world is standing still while I open a portal to travel into another dimension that just so happen to be called a novel and getting lost in another world that I can be a fly on the wall for without getting squashed!  – Ayshia Ambiance

When I was in middle school we had something called SSR (Silent Sustained Reading). It was a pain in the neck to choose from books whose covers didn’t have teen fiction or drama on it. However, 15 minutes into reading I always got lost in whatever I chose to read. I’m hoping that this list of books by the phenomenal female authors below will have the same impact on you. May these book motivate, inspire and excel your life. Happy Reading!

_____________________________________________________

In no order in particular, here is a list of  20 books currently on my Summer 2018 Reading List:

    1. Feminist Fight Club: A Survival Manual for Sexist Workplace by Jessica Bennett
    2. Banish Your Inner Critic: Silence the Voice of Self-Doubt to Unleash Your Creativity and Do Your Best Work by Denise Jacobs
    3. Work It: Secrets for Success from the Boldest Women in Business by Carrie Kerpen
    4. The Woman Code: 20 Powerful Keys to Unlock Your Life by Sophia A Nelson
    5. The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
    6. Black Girl, You Can Do This by Brittani Kirkpatrick
    7. Twenty-Two: Letters to a Young Woman Searching for Meaning by Allison Trowbridge
    8. All In: How Women Entrepreneures Can Think Bigger, Build Sustainable Businesses and Change The World by Stephanie Bredlove
    9. Girl Code: Unlocking the Secrets to Success, Sanity, and Happiness for the Female Entrepreneur by Cara Alwill Leyba
    10. From #Selfie to Selfless: Living the Life You Were Created For by Kristen Perino
    11. Style Your Mind: A Workbook and Lifestyle Guide For Women Who Want to Design Their Thoughts, Empower Themselves, and Build a Beautiful Life  by Cara Alwill Leyba
    12. How To Be Bawse: A Guide To Conquering Life by Lilly Singh
    13. #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso
    14. You Are A Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
    15. Leave Your Mark: Land Your Dream Job. Kill It In Your Career. Rock Social Media. by Aliza Licht
    16. I Know How She Does It: How Successful Women Make The Most of Their Time by Laura Vanderkam
    17. I Am That Girl: How To Speak Your Truth, Discover Your Purpose, and #bethatgirl by Alexis Jones
    18. The Little Black Book of Success: Laws of Leadership for Black Women by Marsha Haygood and Elaine Meryl Brown
    19. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
    20. The Body Is Not an Apology: The Power of Radical Self-Love by Sonya Renee Taylor

Thank you for reading!

As Always,

Ayshia

Follow & Like Instyleversity

Leave a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

INSTAGRAM @ INSTYLEVERSITY

Share this post with your friends!

Instagram
Pinterest
Facebook
Google+
https://instyleversity.com/20-must-read-books-by-female-authors">
Follow by Email